Monday 31 December 2012

What is... January

Happy New Year everyone!


If you have bought (or received) a copy of my 2013 wall calendar, I hope you enjoy it over the next 12 months. And if you are now wondering what each of the monthly images are, you've come to the right place! At the end of every month, I'll post on this site what the image for the following month is, and (if relevant) any story behind the image.

So without further ado, what is January?


...January's image is a wintery scene from Strathclyde Country Park of Hamilton Mausoleum.

My gran sent me the source photo, and this artwork was a warm-up sketch using a ballpoint pen & watercolour paint.
I was always fascinated by the strange looking building, which is easily visible from the M74 (near Motherwell/Hamilton/Glasgow), but only within the past few years have I become aware of what it actually is.
Hopefully news of what this image is hasn't given you the heebie-jeebies: But if so, sorry! On the plus side, there's only 31 days to go until you get a new image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment